A Look At The Statistics Of Online Dating
Did you know that more than a third of most EU successful marriages begin with online dating? A U.S study found out that those couples who met through online platforms are slightly happier compared with those couples who met through various other means. Indeed, the statistics are quite inspiring.
General public attitudes towards online way of dating have recently become much more positive. Apparently, social networking sites are now playing a very prominent role when it comes to documenting and navigating the romantic relationships.
Although these studies did not determine the key reasons why a good percentage of the relationships that begun online were much more successful, the reason may include the following:
– Strong motivation of the online daters
– Availability of advanced screening
– Massive volumes of the opportunities online
The following key statistics are among the findings of a national survey of dating and public relationships in the digital era. The first dedicated research of this subject was done by the Pew Research Center’s Internet project since the year 2005. These statistics are as follows:
- 1. 11% of the American adults and 38 per cent of those Americans who are single and probably looking for a partner have used various online platforms or mobile dating apps to look for a partner.
- One in every 10 American adult has certainly used mobile dating apps. Throughout these findings, we refer to these individuals as ”online daters”, and they are defined in the following way:
- 11% of the total internet users say that they have personally used mobile dating apps or internet dating sites such as Match.com, OK cupid, or eHarmony to find a perfect match.
- More than 7% of mobile app users (representing 3% of the total adults) say that they have used various dating apps in their cell phones.
When combined together, the research found out that about 11% of all the western adults have certainly done one or both of these activities. Thus, they are classified as ”online daters”.
In terms of demographics, online means of dating is very common among Americans, especially in their mid-20s through to mid-40s. Some 22 per cent of 24-34 years old and the 17 per cent of 35-44 years old are online daters. Among the college students as well as urban and sub-urban residents, online means of dating is relatively popular. Almost 10% of Europeans and Americans use foreign dating as a way to find a wife. Especially Russian Brides have been popular with asian dating as close second.
In addition, the study proved and documented that more than 38 per cent of the total American residents who are single and are probably looking for a date have certainly used the online way of dating at one pint of their lives or another.
2. 60% of the total online daters have absolutely gone on a date with a person they met through various dating sites. 23 per cent of online daters say that they have met a perfect spouse or are in long term relationships with someone they met through mobile dating sites.
Attitudes towards online dating
The attitudes of various people towards online dating are becoming more and more positive every day. Even as we speak, internet dating is not universally seen as a positive activity- a significant minority group of the public views internet dating skeptically. At the same time, the public attitudes towards online dating have certainly grown more positive in the last few years.
- 59% of all internet users agree that online dating is an incredible way to meet people. This is a 15-point increase from the 44% of the people who agreed with this statement in 2005.
- 53% of the total internet users agree that online dating lets people to find a better match for themselves because through the internet, they can certainly get to know a lot more people. This a 60 point increase from the 47% of the people who agreed with this statement in 2005.
- 21% of the total internet users agree that people who use the internet way of dating are certainly desperate. This is an 8-point decline from the 29 per cent of people who agreed with this statement in 2005.
In general, online daters themselves tend to give themselves significant marks. Some 79% of the American online daters agree that online means of dating is a perfect way to meet several people, while 70% of these people agree that online means of dating helps them in finding a perfect match because they have a wide range of potential partners.